First off, I would like to take a moment and say thank you! To all of the people who have been following this blog. I’m still relatively new at this and so your participation, patience, and interest in this blog is much appreciated. My goal is to create quality content about the Bible and Christianity. With that said, if you have any suggestions about how I can do a better and more effective job I would love to hear it.
So today I would like to show you 10 of my favorite Mother Teresa quotes.
For those who don’t know, Mother Teresa was a Roman Catholic nun and missionary, who spent the vast majority of her life helping people in India. She founded Missionaries of Charity, a ministry which looked after the poor, sick, and dying. They were active in 133 countries and had over 4,000 workers. Their most well-known ministry, was probable homes for the dying; where they would shelter and take care of people who were dying in the streets of HIV/AIDS, leprosy and other diseases. However, they also had many other ministries such as soup kitchens, medical brigades, counseling, and much more. She died in 1997 and was canonized by the Catholic Church as a saint in 2016. This woman had a very special relationship with God. Consequently, she has some unique thoughts about both God and the world.
So now that we’re all on the same page here are 10 of my favorite thoughts from Mother Teresa. I hope you are encouraged, challenged, and inspired.
1. “God doesn’t require us to succeed; he only requires that you try.”Mother Teresa
2. “Prayer is not asking. Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God, at His disposition, and listening to His voice in the depth of our hearts.”Mother Teresa
3. “Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.”Mother Teresa
4. “I do not pray for success, I ask for faithfulness.”Mother Teresa
5. “I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.”Mother Teresa
6. “It is a kingly act to assist the fallen.”Mother Teresa
7. “It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish.”Mother Teresa
8. “Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls.”Mother Teresa
9. “We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.”Mother Teresa
10. “Mother Teresa was once asked by an interviewer what she said to God when she prayed. “I don’t say much,” replied Mother Teresa, “mostly I just listen.” “And what does God say to you?” asked the interviewer. “He doesn’t say much,” she replied. “Mostly He just listens. And if you don’t understand that, I can’t explain it to you.”Mother Teresa
Thanks for reading! Like always follow above and like below!